1) The OR receptionist apologizes for not remembering your child’s name.
2) You have preferences for certain PACU nurses.
3) You know what PACU stands for.
4) You recognize doctors who aren’t the ones operating on your child today.
5) One of the doctors you recognized stops by your room to say hello.
6) They don’t bother giving you the after-care handouts.
7) You’re relieved they didn’t give you the after-care handouts.
8) Your child is unexpectedly admitted, and your main concern is whether Child Life will still be open by the time you get to your room and through the admissions process.
9) On your way out of the PACU, you say “See you soon.”